I don't doubt that by now many inboxes have been filled with "New Years" journals, so I'll keep this short (we all know it'd be short anyway, but the excuse is there so I'm taking it.) This hardly a brand new one, given it's right in the middle of the academic year, but it's the beginning of my last and final term of study.
- Spend more time, quality time, with friends. The very people that make life worth living and enduring. I haven't always treated them the best, but our friendships validate my existence. Going to build stronger bonds.
- Graduate, if not with accolades, then at least with pride. I'm going to slam the cap on these past five years, and start a new bottle.
- Find employment and start building a life. I'm going to need to figure out where I live soon enough, too.
- Fill my life with colour. Whether it be textual, graphical, or musical, I want to start giving back to all the art I've been gorging. We all have a means. I need to find mine.
And as a challenge to myself from here 'til I die (wow that's morbid),
- Find my heart. I need to discover who I am and what I really want from life. Sometimes I look in the mirror and see a stranger staring back. I need to befriend that dude and get to know him, quirks and all, good and bad. I need to find what makes me, me.
Self reflection only gets you so far though, so here's an added challenge for those of you who've managed to reach this far.
- Who am I? If you know me- if you think you can pin me down and define me, then tell me below who I am. What is my interest, my goals? What encompasses my nature, good or bad? Who am I?
It's a brand new day, and the sun is high. All the birds are singing...
Have a good, new year everybody.